Aerial Cut

General chat / out of topic
ytkorea
Baby Coryn
Toram IGN: Jahy sama

Aerial Cut

Post by ytkorea » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:04 am

In the Aerial Cut description, it says:
This skill is affected by Whack, Long Range from the Shot Skills tree, Short Range Damage and Long Range Damage stats

Is this applied for the additional attack, and if then does both srd and lrd increase the damage calculation, or does it depends on your distance from the boss?
Red_Fox
Coryn
Toram IGN: Red_Fox

Re: Aerial Cut

Post by Red_Fox » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:56 pm

the skill Long Range from the Shot Skill Tree works regardless of your current distance. the skill you use just needs to have a maximum attack range of 8m or more.

Short/Long Range Damage % from equipment takes your current distance into account, so only one of them may apply at a time.
for skills with delayed execution (such as magic) the applied distance is the current distance at the time of skill activation.

conditional additional hits, like the blast from Imperial Ray, are usually unaffected by range-based damage modifiers as they don't have an applicable distance.
i don't know enough about Aerial Cut to say whether it falls into that category or not ...
I am Kenough.
FrostHydra97
Baby Coryn
Toram IGN: Lucipher

Re: Aerial Cut

Post by FrostHydra97 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:10 am

For Aerial Cut, the additional hit uses the distance at the start of the skill's cast iirc. Since its own crit dmg reduction uses that distance, I believe the same would also apply to range damage modifier.