Misunderstanding about Garyou Tensei & Divine Slash?

General chat / out of topic
Kusaka21
Baby Coryn
Toram IGN: kusaka21

Misunderstanding about Garyou Tensei & Divine Slash?

Post by Kusaka21 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:12 pm

I was testing how much more damage Divine Slash does with Armor Break to see if it's even worth trying to do so, since Kairiki already adds +100% pierce making the ailment useless without the skill bonus. The skill description says the skill constant of Divine Slash goes from 500 -> 1000 if the target is inflicted with Armor Break. While I'm now unsure if this is true or not, there is another overshadowing effect.

Ignore physical resistance if target is inflicted with [Armor Break]

Damage Test:
  • Minimize normal attack proration
  • Use Zantei Settetsu (even if not breaking)
  • Use Divine Slash Combo
*Note: I forgot to consider Dauntless while testing, so my values are a bit scattered

It is widely known that Altoblepas has 6% physical and magic resistance (-6% = x0.94). [1/0.94 = 1.0638]
During testing, I had done about x1.0635 more damage with Armor Break.

Rhinosaur has an assumingly unknown amount of physical and magic resistance.
During testing, I had done about x3.270 more damage with Armor Break.

Obviously, there is no way a +500 skill constant can go from x1.0635 to x3.27 just by changing bosses. With the fact that the multiplier changed drastically and is nearly the exact value of Altoblepas' resistance, it seems same to assume the power increase is referring to this resistance bypass.

I didn't have time to test Garyou Tensei, but will do so when I get back.
FrostHydra97
Baby Coryn
Toram IGN: Lucipher

Re: Misunderstanding about Garyou Tensei & Divine Slash?

Post by FrostHydra97 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:13 pm

Nope, ever since ancient time until even now, there has not been any skill that "ignores resistance" yet. Garyou/Divine Slash is no exception.

The reason of your test result is because you tested on Rhinosaur.

Complete info of enemies are not presented on Coryn so you may not know if you don't search for other sources (such as some Discord info group, where there is a bot that can provide more detailed info of bosses and minibosses). Yeah sure some enemies may have "assumingly unknown" stats, but usually that is mostly because you haven't found the info of it yet, or looking at the right place, etc...

Especially later in the game, bosses and minibosses tend to have more and more annoying/interesting mechanism, and Rhinosaur is one of them: If it is inflicted with Armor Break ailment, all damage dealt to it will be tripled for the duration. Adding on to that fact is that Rhinosaur has over 2000 def and 30% pres, your test result is quite understandable.
Kusaka21
Baby Coryn

Post by Kusaka21 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:25 am

FrostHydra97 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:13 pm
Nope, ever since ancient time until even now, there has not been any skill that "ignores resistance" yet. Garyou/Divine Slash is no exception.

The reason of your test result is because you tested on Rhinosaur.

Complete info of enemies are not presented on Coryn so you may not know if you don't search for other sources (such as some Discord info group, where there is a bot that can provide more detailed info of bosses and minibosses). Yeah sure some enemies may have "assumingly unknown" stats, but usually that is mostly because you haven't found the info of it yet, or looking at the right place, etc...

Especially later in the game, bosses and minibosses tend to have more and more annoying/interesting mechanism, and Rhinosaur is one of them: If it is inflicted with Armor Break ailment, all damage dealt to it will be tripled for the duration. Adding on to that fact is that Rhinosaur has over 2000 def and 30% pres, your test result is quite understandable.
Didn't know that, thanks for the correction.
Also do you know where I can find said discord group?
FrostHydra97
Baby Coryn
Toram IGN: Lucipher

Post by FrostHydra97 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:35 am

Kusaka21 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:25 am
Didn't know that, thanks for the correction.
Also do you know where I can find said discord group?
There's Phantom Library, it also has a lot of up-to-date informations and you can also ask people there for more.
Kusaka21
Baby Coryn

Post by Kusaka21 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:48 pm

Ok, thanks